Philly Blunt

Freelance writer. Editor and web-video producer. Former Atlantic City Press and Philadelphia Weekly staff writer, City Paper managing editor/columnist and Dougherty for Senate campaign manager. Comments welcome here or emailed to brianhickey9 [at] hotmail. Now on: Facebook (Brian Hickey, in Philly) Twitter at www.twitter.com/brianhickey Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/people/brianhickey/. Be sure to check out Hickey on Divorce Court: divorcecourting.blogspot.com.

17 November 2009

Vote Trautwein!!!


Any of y'all remember my interview with Bruno-dupee Jody Trautwein? If not, go here. If so, well, go here again. I offer this to the voters of Birmingham, AL as some insight into He who would be their Mayor, as per an email I got from the Hon. Trautwein just moments ago:
Dear Friends,

As many of you already know Birmingham, Alabama will hold a special election to elect a new mayor in 21 days on December 8th. After much prayer and wise counsel, I believe it is the will of God for me to enter the mayoral race. I qualified last Monday and held my campaign kickoff press conference yesterday morning. The response so far has been tremendous and I thank all of you who are praying, have contributed financially, and are working as volunteers for the campaign so far, but there is still MUCH WORK TO BE DONE!

As you can read on my website at www.jodyformayor.org, I believe Birmingham is at a crossroads as a city and this mayoral election is critical for our city's destiny. Future generations will look back at this time as a "defining moment" in the history of Birmingham. And you have an opportunity to help Birmingham choose what I believe to be God's dream for our city! Additionally, Birmingham has always been a flashpoint for national and international movements which tells me this election holds results that could influence nations! As a visitor walks through the Civil Rights Institute here in the city one quote always stands out. It reads "Birmingham, the world is watching!" This is true now more than ever!

I am asking you to take a moment to read about my top issues for the city of Birmingham at www.jodyformayor.org, pray for Birmingham and my campaign, and consider using your time, talents, and treasure to help support this effort. We need 297 more people to give $40 each to hit the target of $12,000 to execute the winning strategy. Signing up to volunteer, giving funds and/or offering in-kind contributions such as printing services, etc. are all easy to do on the website, www.jodyformayor.org.

Lastly, as the 21-day threshold came to my mind this morning I am asking for those who feel led by the Lord to join us in a 21-day fast for Birmingham and the upcoming mayoral election! Please be prayerful in choosing what to fast during this period. Our city, like your city, and cities all across America and the world desperately need Jesus! Agree with us for the perfect will of our Lord to be done!

Thanks again for your time and consideration!

Changing cities with you,
Jody Trautwein
"Trautwein For Mayor: Awaken The Dream!"
Committee to Elect Jody Trautwein
P.O.Box 19692
Birmingham, Al. 35219
205-365-2757
www.jodyformayor.org


Well, can't be any worse that the dame I saw on Oprah yesterday, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free html visitor counters
hit counter