Philly Blunt

Freelance writer. Editor and web-video producer. Former Atlantic City Press and Philadelphia Weekly staff writer, City Paper managing editor/columnist and Dougherty for Senate campaign manager. Comments welcome here or emailed to brianhickey9 [at] hotmail. Now on: Facebook (Brian Hickey, in Philly) Twitter at www.twitter.com/brianhickey Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/people/brianhickey/. Be sure to check out Hickey on Divorce Court: divorcecourting.blogspot.com.

03 November 2009

Finally, a reason to even moderately like Brett Myers

Things, they changed when Brett Myers beat his old lady up. But last night, he redeemeed his un-hate-ability factor to a certain point, depending upon your Cole Hamels perspective. To wit:
The incident was related to Hamels' statement after Game 3 that he was looking forward to his frustrating season being over. As Myers walked past Hamels in the locker room Monday he reportedly said sarcastically, "What are you doing here? I thought you quit?"
Hamels replied with an expletive, the witness told the Web site. Myers was quickly guided away from Hamels' locker by a team official.

Hamels has gone down the Ricky Watters "For who? For what?" path. If Chollie starts him in the potential Game Seven, I might root for the Yankees. Even if he apologized to Philly.
"I went to Charlie just to talk to him because that's who I am, and I think he understands that," Hamels said. "I just wanted to tell him my true thoughts -- that I'll never ever quit. I want to play this game until somebody takes it away from me."

Fine, I'll NEVER root for the Yankees and their greed-laden douchebag sect of fans to succeed in anything in life, but you get the point.
F Hamels.
And, on an unrelated note, F SEPTA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free html visitor counters
hit counter