Philly Blunt

Freelance writer. Editor and web-video producer. Former Atlantic City Press and Philadelphia Weekly staff writer, City Paper managing editor/columnist and Dougherty for Senate campaign manager. Comments welcome here or emailed to brianhickey9 [at] hotmail. Now on: Facebook (Brian Hickey, in Philly) Twitter at www.twitter.com/brianhickey Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/people/brianhickey/. Be sure to check out Hickey on Divorce Court: divorcecourting.blogspot.com.

15 August 2009

Sqwearl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the best local bands I'd ever heard was when I lived in South Carolina. Florence, to be exact. They were called Sqwearl. They sang a lot about cocaine, too. As in "[something] o'clock and the cocaine's gone." I still have a few of their songs on my iPod, even though there was no such thing as iPods back then. We'd go down to Myrtle Beach to see them because my friend Glenn Puit was into metal, big-time. He still is, I gather from his Facebook updates. I mention all of this because Sqwearl lifted my loathing of squirrels; even though I still deem them rats with furry tails, I'm not inclined to pray one runs in front of my car. I follow a couple of them on Twitter, too. They're always "run, run, run" or "dig, dig, dig" -ing. Add pose, pose, posing to that list:

8 Comments:

Blogger Ronald said...

hey man,if you have a copy of any of Sqwearl's albums, email me at ronaldmcfarland@gmail.com

I can't find this stuff anywhere and want to buy the cd. Thanks

6:09 PM  
Blogger ~jessi*james~ said...

the lead singer of sqwearl, david koon is my cousin.

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still have the original * ball of confusion 8 in record they put out in 94 .

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I CAN BUY SQWEARL CD'S PLEASE LET ME KNOW, I WILL BE GOING TO MERTLE BEACH IN MAY. PLEASE EMAIL ME AT SERENAHANSON@YMAIL.COM

5:51 PM  
Blogger crucilla.koon said...

I am the wife of David Koon , lead singer of Sqwearl!Weird to see them mentioned in your blog

5:21 PM  
Blogger crucilla.koon said...

Sqwearl Cd's still available , if you come to the beach , don't fall for that bogus link off the web , or the ringtones, that's an illegal copyright unless it's Myspace or fb. look up Brian Mckenzie when your in town!

5:24 PM  
Blogger crucilla.koon said...

I just set up a fb page for Sqwearl so any cd request , get in touch with me through there and stay tuned (locals)for more shows to come!!!

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when are the coming up with new stuff...its good stuff but how many record releases can 8ball of confusion have?

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free html visitor counters
hit counter