Philly Blunt

Freelance writer. Editor and web-video producer. Former Atlantic City Press and Philadelphia Weekly staff writer, City Paper managing editor/columnist and Dougherty for Senate campaign manager. Comments welcome here or emailed to brianhickey9 [at] hotmail. Now on: Facebook (Brian Hickey, in Philly) Twitter at www.twitter.com/brianhickey Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/people/brianhickey/. Be sure to check out Hickey on Divorce Court: divorcecourting.blogspot.com.

10 August 2009

Four Songs I Downloaded Recently (Mango-Hatin' Edition)

1. "No Myth," Michael Penn. Listen, I didn't remember the name of this song, let alone who sang it. But suffering through all three parts of Bollywood Hero over the weekend, I happened to catch a, well, Bollywoodified version of the song of, "What if I was Romeo in black jeans..." and knew "yo, remix from the eighties." Well, I was right. It was by the Bombay Dub Orchestra. And I can't f'in find it online. So, I settled for the original, without all the Indian vibe. Still cool, just not as cool as the reason I searched high and low for it in the first place. I can't state enough, though, that aside from those minutes adorned by the song, I may sue Mango for three hours of lost time.


2. "Live Your Life," T.I. (featuring Rihanna). Well, it's been all of two months since I saw The Hangover and I haven't been able to get this one out of me head. So, why not
shell out
a buck
twenty nine
for it,
hey,
oh,
hey,
ohhhh.
Song of Summer '09?


3. "The Warning," Eminem. Mimi, Mimi, Mimi, c'mon, didn't you realize that Em would blast back when you tried to diss him in a video? And, that he would be so extraordinarily better than you that nobody would forget him calling your game-show hostin' guy all sorts of insulting names? With this song, he's back. Biblical tweets, Nick? F'real?

4. "Lakeside," BLK JKS. They're from South Africa. I haven't heard many bands from South Africa sound this good. Come to think of it, I haven't heard many/any bands from South Africa unless those dudes on Graceland escaped apartheid. Either way, they were chantily good, but BLK JKS might be funkily great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free html visitor counters
hit counter