Philly Blunt

Freelance writer. Editor and web-video producer. Former Atlantic City Press and Philadelphia Weekly staff writer, City Paper managing editor/columnist and Dougherty for Senate campaign manager. Comments welcome here or emailed to brianhickey9 [at] hotmail. Now on: Facebook (Brian Hickey, in Philly) Twitter at www.twitter.com/brianhickey Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/people/brianhickey/. Be sure to check out Hickey on Divorce Court: divorcecourting.blogspot.com.

01 July 2009

Ranking All Things Jackson on My iPod


So, I wrote a column headlined "The Lessons of Michael" in today's Metro. You should check it out if only because I think it's the first time M.J. made it into Hickey Print, though I could be wrong about that. In any event, I note that I've always considered Prince the better musician. Still do. Always will. But that's not to say I don't have mad love for Jackson, Michael and beyond.
With no further ado, and scant explanation, here's how I rank all Jackson songs on my iPod from worst to first. Suffice it to say, it wasn't easy to delineate between songs by a very talented dude. There are no right answers, except the song I placed atop the list.

15. "Son of a Gun," Janet
14. "Someone to Call My Lover," Janet
13. "Scream," Michael and Janet
12. "We Are the World (Demo)," Michael
11. "All For You," Janet
10. "Thriller," Michael
9. "You Are Not Alone," Michael
8. "Erucu," Jermaine
7. "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough," Michael
6. "ABC," Jackson 5
5. "P.Y.T.," Michael
4. "Off the Wall," Michael
3. "I Want You Back," Jackson 5
2. "Wanna Be Startin' Something," Michael
1. "Man in the Mirror," Michael

* Yes, I seem to slight Janet, but that's because I don't have anything from Rhythm Nation, which is a travesty on my part, which will change very soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ughh, good point about the elephants and future generations. I hadn't thought of that.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Brian Hickey said...

Yeah, it's kind of sad. I mean, I'm totally all about monkeys from seeing them at the zoo. But I remember being fixated first by the real elephants and, ironically, the hippos and rhinos that lived right next to them.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free html visitor counters
hit counter