Philly Blunt

Freelance writer. Editor and web-video producer. Former Atlantic City Press and Philadelphia Weekly staff writer, City Paper managing editor/columnist and Dougherty for Senate campaign manager. Comments welcome here or emailed to brianhickey9 [at] hotmail. Now on: Facebook (Brian Hickey, in Philly) Twitter at www.twitter.com/brianhickey Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/people/brianhickey/. Be sure to check out Hickey on Divorce Court: divorcecourting.blogspot.com.

01 July 2009

The Journey

Not only have I become convinced that A-list celebrities want to be my friend before I rise to the top of their field on the back of my immense talent, enormous shoulders, insatiable appeal and world-wide notability, but I've found that everybody I encounter in the course of a day admires and wants to be me.
I can't really help it. I'm just awesome to my core and everybody knows it. Everything I do is amazing from the minute I wake, to the moment I fall into an amazing sleep.
All of which is to share, courtesy of a well-placed source, the final pre-July-issue statistics in the matter of "How many people looked at the story about Hickey as compared to how many people looked at the story about Arthur Kade on phillymag.com?"
Hickey: 74,942 page views in 18,196 visits
Kade: 44,732 page views in 12,266 visits
Winner: HICKEY

Now I just got to figure out how to take a modicum of pride in being deemed better than a lunatic at a matter that's out of my control. I mean, it's really a matter of outdoing someone who hasn't done, nor will ever accomplish, anything.

I'm kind of embarrassed I didn't double him, really.
*Seems that they get the majority of their views in the first half of the month. Which makes perfect sense. It's when the news is new, yo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free html visitor counters
hit counter