Philly Blunt

Freelance writer. Editor and web-video producer. Former Atlantic City Press and Philadelphia Weekly staff writer, City Paper managing editor/columnist and Dougherty for Senate campaign manager. Comments welcome here or emailed to brianhickey9 [at] hotmail. Now on: Facebook (Brian Hickey, in Philly) Twitter at www.twitter.com/brianhickey Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/people/brianhickey/. Be sure to check out Hickey on Divorce Court: divorcecourting.blogspot.com.

24 July 2009

From Hickey's noggin to yours...

Says Brian Hickey, "Anybody who opposes health-care reform not only loses my total respect but earns a spot on the Dead To Me List.
"This is what happens when people let greed, political-framing, stupidity or just plain ignorance take over the brain lobe that says, 'People should be taken care of in their times of need.'"
Hickey adds that, "He will most certainly purge any Facebook friend who disagrees."

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen A. Miller said...

Anyone I've talked to who is opposed to health care reform has insurance provided by their employer -- good insurance at that. They tend not to care what the rest of us go through, whether we're not insured or pay our own way.

I wonder how quickly they'd change their minds if they lost their jobs or their company couldn't afford their insurance anymore. And it is beyond me how people think that this is not a moral issue. Every part of it is moral. This isn't talking about money. It's talking about people's lives. I have insurance but I had to wait 2.5 months for a doctor to remove a possibly cancerous cyst from my shoulder. How is that moral? How is that a system that works? And now my insurance company is rejected the claim and making me pay for the surgery and cyst testing. I'm worried about a rate increase after this, too.

Ugh, I'll get off my soap box now.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free html visitor counters
hit counter