Philly Blunt

Freelance writer. Editor and web-video producer. Former Atlantic City Press and Philadelphia Weekly staff writer, City Paper managing editor/columnist and Dougherty for Senate campaign manager. Comments welcome here or emailed to brianhickey9 [at] hotmail. Now on: Facebook (Brian Hickey, in Philly) Twitter at www.twitter.com/brianhickey Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/people/brianhickey/. Be sure to check out Hickey on Divorce Court: divorcecourting.blogspot.com.

21 July 2009

Cubs/Phils


Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know the Phillies stomped the Cubbies last night. They looked capable of a repeat. I figure it was because I was wearing a Phils jersey over a Cubs T-shirt. That changes tonight, though. Left field. Blue hat. Blue shirt (if I remember to wash it in time). The reason for Red Monday? Well, it's because the Phils sent a jersey to me in the hospital (my name, J Roll's number) and extended an invitation to come down to batting practice before a game of my choice. (As a side note, the Cubs only sent a hat. I say only because, well, I was being a douche. Both teams' contributions blew my healing mind.) Of course I chose the first game of the Cubbies only pre-playoffs series in the 215. Me and the bride went last night. I think our attendance is what made Jack Torrance, aka Jack Nicholson, go to the game as well. Here are a few of the dozens of pics I took.





1) The scorecard in the pressbox. 2) Ryan Howard talks with Cubs SS Ryan Theriot. 3) Howard with Jimmy Rollins and Eagle Chris Gocong. 4) A Cub bunts in BP as Lou Piniella looks on. 5) Derrek Lee pre-game. 6) Shane Victorino chats up Charlie Manuel. 7) Alfonso Soriano warms up. 8) Howard and Rollins. 9) Harry the K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free html visitor counters
hit counter