Philly Blunt

Freelance writer. Editor and web-video producer. Former Atlantic City Press and Philadelphia Weekly staff writer, City Paper managing editor/columnist and Dougherty for Senate campaign manager. Comments welcome here or emailed to brianhickey9 [at] hotmail. Now on: Facebook (Brian Hickey, in Philly) Twitter at www.twitter.com/brianhickey Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/people/brianhickey/. Be sure to check out Hickey on Divorce Court: divorcecourting.blogspot.com.

13 June 2009

Two Songs I Downloaded This Week (England Edition) and an Oldie But Goodie Rediscovered

"Small Space," Caulbearers. Chill and rootsy, like summer's supposed to be. (Plus, you can download this track, and a collection of other off-beaten-path tracks from Manchester bands here.)


"Time and Time Again," The Carletons. Reminds me of punky-speeded songs from not-quite-there acts like the ones I saw early in the Warped Tour in Asbury Park in, oh, 98, 99. Pretty good. Has a funky change of style/pace two-thirds of the way in which had me listening to it a few times.

"Funky Beat," Everlast. Whitey Ford earned much love by chippin in on "My Medicine" with Snoop to tha Dogg. This one popped on my iPod when I got off the R6 the other afternoon. Brought out the pimp-strut in me. Never before had the uphill in East Falls seemed so downhill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free html visitor counters
hit counter