Philly Blunt

Freelance writer. Editor and web-video producer. Former Atlantic City Press and Philadelphia Weekly staff writer, City Paper managing editor/columnist and Dougherty for Senate campaign manager. Comments welcome here or emailed to brianhickey9 [at] hotmail. Now on: Facebook (Brian Hickey, in Philly) Twitter at www.twitter.com/brianhickey Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/people/brianhickey/. Be sure to check out Hickey on Divorce Court: divorcecourting.blogspot.com.

18 June 2009

The Real Table-Flippin' Housewives of New Jersey

I always kind of figured the season of RHoNJ would end with catcalls of whorishness punctuated by furniture tossing. Really, I did. Because I'm from Jersey. In any event, here's my nj.com post about the finale. It kind of reminded me of high school, as you'll see.
What I never saw in my little nook of the Jers was a housewarming party (held at a restaurant, mind you, and camouflaged as an enhancement-congratulatory session) take such surreal turns. The only way to describe this visual Pu-Pu Platter of guilty pleasure is as the Lu Nello episode of "The Soprasimpsons," brought to you by "Nip/Tuck." Just like the Eric fight, it had some unexpected, good-for-and-probably-suggested-by-TV plot variations.

I pray they do a RHoPhilly next. Main Line fish in a barrel. Trashy fish in a barrel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free html visitor counters
hit counter