Philly Blunt

Freelance writer. Editor and web-video producer. Former Atlantic City Press and Philadelphia Weekly staff writer, City Paper managing editor/columnist and Dougherty for Senate campaign manager. Comments welcome here or emailed to brianhickey9 [at] hotmail. Now on: Facebook (Brian Hickey, in Philly) Twitter at www.twitter.com/brianhickey Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/people/brianhickey/. Be sure to check out Hickey on Divorce Court: divorcecourting.blogspot.com.

15 June 2009

A Poll

So, Sweeney had a hella post about meeting Kade the other night. I asked him how he shook hands. He had respect for it, "not fishy." I half-expected him to overcompensate (Kade that is), with the squeeze the life out of another's hand handshake, just so people remembered him for anything but the macne and lisp.
Woe.
There was a weird coincidence in the comments though: People seem to have had their fill of Kade. Well, some of them. Myself included, sometimes.
Like Merrick, who pointed out the other day that I need to break my addiction, the endless checking in on some dude dissecting himself for all the world to see his inards.
I agree.
But, like Leah responded: "He's like candy, delicious stupid unattractive candy that you can't stop eating even though it ruins your life."
I agree, again.
I'm torn. That's where you come in.
Poll time:
Should I stop paying attention to Kade? If yes, why? If no, why? Yours wish is my mandated action.
Answer in the comments, or via email, or via Facebook, or via Twitter. I figure I'll give it till Friday.

13 Comments:

Blogger Fatty Snarbuckle said...

You CANNOT stop mentioning Kade. Please. I visit his pathetic site less and don't comment at all anymore because of you. Kade's delusion can't last much longer.

4:46 PM  
Anonymous ChihuahuaMom said...

I vote to continue the monitoring & commenting. You must. Please.

5:23 PM  
Blogger AnastasiaBeaverhousen said...

You survived being run over by a car, I think you can continue to indulge in Kade. He won't kill you. May make you want to gouge your own eyes out, but he's harmless. There are waayy worse vices you could choose.

5:36 PM  
Blogger dx said...

honestly, i think it's getting to a point where people like you and mr sweeny are starting to look rather sad, picking on someone who is such an obviously easy target that you are starting to make generally compassionate people like myself start to feel bad for the guy. and i do NOT want to be feeling bad for this guy. so please just stop. you had your fun (being a jerk) now just let the guy fade into obscurity already.

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Wook said...

My man...if you stop, then I will have to actually read The Kade. For the love of all that is man groomed...mercy.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Jen A. Miller said...

As fellow freelance Christopher Wink noted, Kade's traffic is way down: http://christopherwink.wordpress.com/2009/06/15/despite-declining-traffic-arthurkade-is-a-story-what-that-means-for-media/

I bet if you take a break, then it would plummet further. If that's what you're after.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Therese in Heaven said...

I don't want to go to his site and give him hits, so I like being able to read about him somewhere else. You're feeding MY addiction. :)

11:17 PM  
Blogger Leah Franqui said...

Oh, I mean, I think I've made my feelings clear...please continue. It makes my job enjoyable.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

Keep it up. You are the Kade truth site.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Merrick said...

Day late and a dollar short. . .and clearly in the minority. I just think this dude's bit has run it's course and the more we talk the better it is for him. I'm waiting for him to call the Pope a child molester, claim that he invented gravity, and could probably solve world hunger due to his amazingness all just to incite anger in people. But you know what? You had a near-death experience and who am I to deny you something you find enjoyable in life? I'm not saying not to check the site, I just think by putting up links from YOUR site you are feeding the fire that needs to be extinguished already. Don't get upset when he turns into K-Fed or Paris, or one of those other celebutards that are famous for being famous- you helped create it.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Brian Hickey said...

Oh, I've only put one or two links on his site, at special really-want-to-embarrass-him times. Others have done that more often. But it's funny you mention K-Fed:

http://www.citypaper.net/articles/2008/01/10/gimme-more-negativity

http://www.citypaper.net/articles/2006/11/16/And-Americas-Biggest-Whore-Is-

10:20 AM  
Blogger miss bee said...

please register my vote for the continuation of the kade catastrophe.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous ChihuahuaMom said...

He is an easy target, but he is also a pretty loathesome human being - egotistical, misogynistic, obnoxious, materialistic, to name just a few - so there is no feeling sorry for him. Au contraire, mon frere... he needs to be countered on the Internet with a real voice of truth, which you (and Sweeney) are. I already voted yes, but I wanted to offer more detail on why I voted yes.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free html visitor counters
hit counter