Philly Blunt

Freelance writer. Editor and web-video producer. Former Atlantic City Press and Philadelphia Weekly staff writer, City Paper managing editor/columnist and Dougherty for Senate campaign manager. Comments welcome here or emailed to brianhickey9 [at] hotmail. Now on: Facebook (Brian Hickey, in Philly) Twitter at www.twitter.com/brianhickey Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/people/brianhickey/. Be sure to check out Hickey on Divorce Court: divorcecourting.blogspot.com.

09 June 2009

Kade = Farce

Well, it's been fun, but now I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Art is a fake. Shame he had to out his papa as having abortion fingers, though. That doesn't seem right.
I have been DYING to get back to work, and finally tomorrow I am doing that. I have an audition in NYC for a role on a pilot on The Cartoon Network for a part. I was just emailed the script and will be reviewing it for hours so that I can kill it, and I am sure that my looks and attitude will be more than impressive to the casting director. The character is named “Meth Gay Man” (Part Description: Caucasian 30-something “ripped” body builder, male) [My part description: Seems as if Kade's website is the only place such a role appears], and I applied for it because it would allow me to show my versatility as a growing actor and many of the top actors in the industry have played gay men before or after they hit it big.
I know that as an actor, I want to show amazing range and fearlessness, and I think it would be great to play a gay man so that future casting directors can see that I can go out of my element and own the role at the highest level like others like Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Will Smith, Heath Ledger, Liam Neeson, and Sean Penn, who are all Oscar winners and nominees like I one day will be.

This makes me sad.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, agreed. Today's post - "Meth Gay Man"... really?! - is pretty much putting it out there that this whole thing is a put on.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You *must* go to the biggest fashion show in Philadelphia to report how wild the crowd goes when Kade sashays out in the latest eModa print t-shirt.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Brian Hickey said...

It's already on my schedule. I'll post a collection of still shots from the Kadewalk. God, I hope he gets Brunoed.

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's gonna be ok, B.
I was sad when I saw the clip of him with the news chick. Because the whole routine was actually funny. And then it sank in...it IS a routine.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Fatty Snarbuckle said...

Thanks be to jebus. Mr. Hickey, you are my hero. Your amazing "brand" is growing to the top and you are killing it at a ball-ass "level", if I met you in a hot club I bet you think I would be amazed by your energetic charm and style.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Brian Hickey said...

Thank you so much, F.S. I knew, all along that the brand would start growing once I started saying "Hickey Out." If you're looking for me at the hot clubs, I would recommend trying 1Oak or Strongbox. Those are the only places as ball-ass hot-ass on par with my clearly rockin' style.

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As Bonaduce hinted, Kade is trying to climb up the downward slide past the likes of Bonaduce, with a bad attitude and bad behavior. He's not even close to recently rejected "David" from "The Bachelorette".

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free html visitor counters
hit counter