Philly Blunt

Freelance writer. Editor and web-video producer. Former Atlantic City Press and Philadelphia Weekly staff writer, City Paper managing editor/columnist and Dougherty for Senate campaign manager. Comments welcome here or emailed to brianhickey9 [at] hotmail. Now on: Facebook (Brian Hickey, in Philly) Twitter at www.twitter.com/brianhickey Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/people/brianhickey/. Be sure to check out Hickey on Divorce Court: divorcecourting.blogspot.com.

28 June 2009

Allow me to be the first to say it...

The guy who claims J.C. Romero assaulted him?
Douchebag playing the woe-is-me card, looking for a quick payday. Furthermore, he deserved substantially worse than a throat grab.
Eaton said he was attempting to get autographs from Phillies players when the incident happened.
After players brushed him off, Eaton said he called out to Romero, something to the effect of, "How about you get me some juice?"
Romero was recently reinstated from a 50-game suspension for violating baseball's policy against performance enhancing substances. The pitcher claimed the test resulted from a dietary supplement he bought over the counter.
Romero snapped, Eaton said, telling him to "shut the f---- up" and that he didn't know what he was talking about.
Eaton said he replied that Romero was the one who'd been suspended recently.
"He reared back and kinda grazed my chin and grabbed me by the neck and threw me back," Eaton said. "I was in shock."
Eaton's lawyer, James Magazine, said he was retained late Friday afternoon and hasn't had time to investigate the case.
"I don't feel what I said was wrong," Eaton said. "I feel if you cheat the game you're going to hear it from people. He brought that on himself. I just can't believe that a professional athlete would cross the line."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go fuck yourself, Eaton. Loser.

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free html visitor counters
hit counter