Philly Blunt

Freelance writer. Editor and web-video producer. Former Atlantic City Press and Philadelphia Weekly staff writer, City Paper managing editor/columnist and Dougherty for Senate campaign manager. Comments welcome here or emailed to brianhickey9 [at] hotmail. Now on: Facebook (Brian Hickey, in Philly) Twitter at www.twitter.com/brianhickey Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/people/brianhickey/. Be sure to check out Hickey on Divorce Court: divorcecourting.blogspot.com.

13 May 2009

The Real Housewives of My Home State


So, I'm chronicling my feelings on the Real Housewives of New Jersey educational program for NJ.com, which is an arm of the Star-Ledger, for whom my old Sea Isle roommate/skydiving freak Matt Dowling is online editor. My take on the initial episode is already up on the main page for the show, but here's a direct link to the post itself, and here's an excerpt:
Maybe it's just the Jersey bias coming through, but despite thinking I was going to loathe her at first sight, I actually felt badly for Danielle after she got stood up for a blind date with the aforementioned phone-sex guy who went by Gucci Model on wealthymen.com. (The only thing more Garden State than that name is a succulent ear of Jersey corn.)
I know she'll elicit some pure hate, though, because I'm sure she'll say she's more attractive than Dina ("If you think I'm a bitch, then bring it on.") or Jacqueline ("Everyone likes to have nice things, but I'm not one to brag about it.") when she clearly isn't.
And I take stuff like that very personally.

I'll be posting once a week, but will post the links on here as well. Holla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free html visitor counters
hit counter