Philly Blunt

Freelance writer. Editor and web-video producer. Former Atlantic City Press and Philadelphia Weekly staff writer, City Paper managing editor/columnist and Dougherty for Senate campaign manager. Comments welcome here or emailed to brianhickey9 [at] hotmail. Now on: Facebook (Brian Hickey, in Philly) Twitter at www.twitter.com/brianhickey Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/people/brianhickey/. Be sure to check out Hickey on Divorce Court: divorcecourting.blogspot.com.

15 May 2009

The Lone Hickey Endorsement

Tuesday's Primary Day in the 215. District Attorney's race. Judges.
Compared to other Election Days, it's kind of the equivalent of Police Academy: Mission to Moscow ("Kicking buttski. Making you laughski. The Academy is backski!") Translation: It's nyet the biggest vote draw, but since there's gonna be a new DA, it's as important as a Michael "Sgt. Larvelle Jones" Winslow jawn ... or anything Tackleberry related.
That said, I'm loathe to say who I'm voting for for D.A. since I got friends on a few of the five campaigns. (Besides, I already told the candidate he had my vote personally.) But that doesn't stop me from wading into the judge races. And one candidate stands over and above all the rest, even those I don't know a single thing about him. His name:
Vigilante, Ted Vigilante.
Why, you ask, am I wholeheartedly behind Vigilante, Ted Vigilante's candidacy without knowing a thing about him?
Well, I answer, his name is Vigilante. That, and the fact that his motto is "Justice is Coming!" 'Nuf said.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps you should know that Vigilante was arrested and convicted of "disorderly conduct" in 2008/09 for getting physical with a police officer in Delanco, N.J.. It is Delanco Court Case # 2008-31...... this doesn't sound like any guy I'd want to vote for no matter how "cute" his name is.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Brian Hickey said...

Why, exactly, doesn't a trace of this supposed "disorderly conduct" charge, arrest and/or conviction surface when I search for it online?
If you're going to electioneer or carry out a grudge, please back it up with more than a small-town case number, and your real name. Unless you were born Anonymous, which would be even cuter than Vigilante.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Brian Hickey said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Brian Hickey said...

Hey, what gives, Anonymous. On another blog, you wrote, at 1:03 a.m. no less:

Ted Vigilante was convicted of disorderly conduct in October 2008 for raising his hands to a police officer in Delanco, New Jersey. Someone sent a mailing out about it a few months ago and I called the Delanco Courthouse to confirm it. It is Delanco Court Case number 2008-31. So I don't know if this is the guy that we need fighting crime in Philadelphia.

Couple of questions:
1) Did you send out the mailing? C'mon, you can tell me!
2) Did he "get physical" with the Delanco officer as you stated on my site, or just "raising his hands" as you stated elsewhere?

11:58 AM  
Anonymous John Turner said...

It is interesting to note that he is one of the few who were not endorsed by the Philadelphia Bar. His resume does not seem to reflect much of the experience a judge should have.

Did anyone look into this with Delanco? any confirmation on that?

8:31 PM  
Blogger Brian Hickey said...

Further evidence that the Philadelphia Bar is scared of the Vigilante.
I asked Anonymous to get me some info on the case since 1. I couldn't find a trace online and 2. he/she posted some different background info on another blog that dared not question the candidate with excellent taste in campaign commercials. Alas, I didn't hear a lick of a response.

9:03 PM  
Anonymous John Turner said...

I hope you dont mind but I felt that "anonymous" gave enough information on the case (case number and town) so I went online and made a few calls and here is what I found out. I am providing the contact people and numbers so you can verify it yourself.

- Delanco Court Clerk (856) 461-3888 ask to verify the parties (State of NJ v. Vigilante) for case # 2008-31 held on 10/30/08, ask for the outcome and ask how you can order a transcript if youd like one. They told me there is a transcript.

- Burlington County Municipal Court, Appeal # 106-08 , held on 4/21/09 call (609) 518 -2568 is the contact # for the person in the criminal division who can confirm for you that the appeal was denied.

- Delanco Police Officer Sacalis who was involved in the "dispute" with Mr. Vigilante (856) 461-0357. I called the Delanco Police for this information.

I asked them why these were not online and both courts told me that not every case is registered electronically. They also told me that Vigilante has 40 or 45 days from 4/21/09 to file an appeal in Trenton.

Whatever his motives were, anonymous seems to have been telling the truth.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Brian Hickey said...

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree.
Though I could have called Delanco based on the "tip," or the info you've dutifully provided, I'm not really compelled to research a backstory/grudge relating to what was a tongue-in-cheek endorsement. I'll just take your word for it and, should you take the extra step of getting a transcript, I'll gladly post it.
I thought it was clear that I didn't know a thing about the guy, other than his having a cool name.
Besides, shouldn't you and Anonymous be happy today? I mean, Vigilante finished dead last -- despite the depths of my support.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free html visitor counters
hit counter