Philly Blunt

Freelance writer. Editor and web-video producer. Former Atlantic City Press and Philadelphia Weekly staff writer, City Paper managing editor/columnist and Dougherty for Senate campaign manager. Comments welcome here or emailed to brianhickey9 [at] hotmail. Now on: Facebook (Brian Hickey, in Philly) Twitter at www.twitter.com/brianhickey Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/people/brianhickey/. Be sure to check out Hickey on Divorce Court: divorcecourting.blogspot.com.

18 May 2009

D.A. Race Predictions **UPDATED**


Here's how I think the election will breakdown by around 11 p.m. tomorrow night:
5th place: Michael Turner 5 pct.
4th place: Brian Grady 18 pct.
3rd place: Dan McCaffery 20 pct.
2nd place: Dan McElhatten 28 pct.
1st place: Seth Williams 29 pct.

* Side note: Somebody with Williams' campaign just texted and suggested that I should, "Call my friends call my neighbors. The best way to make Philadelphia safer is to vote for Seth."
Well, I'm not injecting myself into the endorsement game this time -- the candidate I'll be voting for already thanked me for my support over the weekend, and said he understands that I have friends on a few of the campaigns so am loathe to jump in, especially with my busted-up head.
But, if any of the campaigns want to have their message added to this very basic and simple post, by all means text or email.

UPDATE: Just heard from a person who supports someone not named Williams for D.A. Here's what she had to succinctly declare: "”Dan McCaffery is the only choice for DA.”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Silent Majority is going to come out and vote for Michael Turner. He's the best, most qualified candidate and it's going to be a shocker.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Brian Hickey said...

Michael struck me as a very intelligent candidate when we spoke; thought he'd make a fine D.A.
But will he be able to overcome the name-recognition and lack-of-ad-money drawbacks? The prediction-making side of me says no. You're right: It would be a shocker, and I wouldn't have a beef with it. (If it does happen, hope he gets more cash, or Untermeyer might take him.)

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free html visitor counters
hit counter