Philly Blunt

Freelance writer. Editor and web-video producer. Former Atlantic City Press and Philadelphia Weekly staff writer, City Paper managing editor/columnist and Dougherty for Senate campaign manager. Comments welcome here or emailed to brianhickey9 [at] hotmail. Now on: Facebook (Brian Hickey, in Philly) Twitter at www.twitter.com/brianhickey Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/people/brianhickey/. Be sure to check out Hickey on Divorce Court: divorcecourting.blogspot.com.

17 April 2009

"I think the average person thinks I'm a f**king nut and I deserve whatever happens to me. That's what I believe." -- Tyson

My name is Brian, and I'm an addict.
No, not to the booze, cigarettes or drogas; I ain't had been in the land of vice since the end of November. (Pesky side effects of the hit-and-run. Note to driver: We're still going to find you. And, I don't think you're going to like me when I'm angry.)
But to Divorce Court. as you well know if you're on my Facebook page for even a tenth of a second. It's on at 11 a.m., Fox29. Plus, Arnold Jackson was on. Without Willis.


Well, I have to share photos of the Askews, who were on yesterday. In 2005, they came to Judge Toler's courtroom because Anthony just wanted Denise to grow her hair out and stop going to the clubs, where she'd "drop it like it's hot." He wore her wig and lingerie as evidence in court:


Well, they reconciled but, four years later, they were back. Because 1) Denise didn't heed his words, so he retrofitted her ride with a GPS, called, he estimates, "22" men from her cell-phone address book and she still kept her hair short and wigged:


You can guess how it turned out. That's right, they'll be back in 2012 to talk about hirstuteness yet again.
Oh, I've been doing some reading in addition to watching marriages publicly fall apart. A few highlights:
-- Glass Joe, King Hippo et al will be coming to Wii next months!
-- A lot of people have gotten killed by baseballs hitting their heads.
-- There's a better website than Expedia or Travelocity for finding cheap trips.
-- Esquire thinks that Todd Palin is the man for America now enough to headline their profile of him "Todd Palin is the man for America now."
-- And, the new movie on Mike Tyson is a must-see. Because Tyson is the pinnacle of badassery. (And, he makes me yearn for the days when fights got broadcast on the Wide World of Sports, Saturday afternoons. I think the Tyson/Berbick battle was on then.) Maybe, once and for all, it'll get explained why I feel bad because the world beat him down.



http://hickeyblunt.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free html visitor counters
hit counter