Philly Blunt

Freelance writer. Editor and web-video producer. Former Atlantic City Press and Philadelphia Weekly staff writer, City Paper managing editor/columnist and Dougherty for Senate campaign manager. Comments welcome here or emailed to brianhickey9 [at] hotmail. Now on: Facebook (Brian Hickey, in Philly) Twitter at www.twitter.com/brianhickey Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/people/brianhickey/. Be sure to check out Hickey on Divorce Court: divorcecourting.blogspot.com.

17 April 2009

Descent into Madness


So, I'm starting to think that this is the week that Gossip Girl goes way astray. How else am I supposed to react to an ad in Entertainment Weekly headlined, "Real Women. True Stories. Fresh Gossip." that promises the "real NYC stories revealed" about the "It Girl," the "Accomplished Ivy Leaguer," the "Designer on the Rise," and the "Brooklyn Filmmaker."
"Meet four inspiring 'Upper East Siders' as they balance the everyday pressures that come from a gossip-worthy life," it says.
Christ.
Listen, I'm all about the ladies having gossip-worthy lives, but if they screw up the new episode of GG, on the eve of my surgery no less, I'm done with the show forever. I guess my anger is what happens after EW tells me that, "Irritated by smoke, Britney stops concert and tells Vancouver crowd: 'Don't smoke weed.'"
Note to Britney: We'll stop with the weeding if you stop with the breeding.
Other verbatim (because it's too late for me to type) notes from this week's EW:
-- "I'll never forget kissing a guy on stage and someone from the crowd shouting, 'Don't do it, Wolverine.'" (Happy to make an impression, Boy from Oz.)
-- Sawyer and Meredith? Nate and Naomi? Have you gone f'in mad, Millionaire Matchmaker???
-- You want this T-shirt?

... Yeah, me too. Go here to get it.
-- And, since it was the Summer Movie Preview, here are the four that I'm'a gonna see, once my skull's back together:
1. Land of the Lost

2. The Hangover

3. Public Enemies

4. Bruno


http://hickeyblunt.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free html visitor counters
hit counter