Philly Blunt

Freelance writer. Editor and web-video producer. Former Atlantic City Press and Philadelphia Weekly staff writer, City Paper managing editor/columnist and Dougherty for Senate campaign manager. Comments welcome here or emailed to brianhickey9 [at] hotmail. Now on: Facebook (Brian Hickey, in Philly) Twitter at www.twitter.com/brianhickey Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/people/brianhickey/. Be sure to check out Hickey on Divorce Court: divorcecourting.blogspot.com.

20 April 2009

Bye, for now

Hey, I'm going under the knife this week, so this'll be my last post for anywhere from a couple days to, well, I'm not going to say it. But just a couple things:
1) You'd think that since the accident knocked the will to smoke cigarettes clear out of me, I'd be all like those whiny obnoxious twits who put on their best fake cough when someone is smoking near them. Well, I'm not. Still loathe 'em as much as I loathed anybody who took away the right to smoke while drinking in Philly. THEY are the true facists. But those in Nevada prescient enough to want to scale back their statewide smoking ban? True American heroes.

2) Like Brian Dawkins, "If you cut me, it'd be a little green and orange mixed together. There will always be a part of me in my heart that's in Philadelphia. But what I consider myself right now is a Philly-grown Bronco [fan]." Causa Elway. Don't judge.

3) Check out the link to Jeff Pearlman skydiving. Didn't think he had it in 'im. And, was shocked that he tandem jumped with the SAME DUDE that I did in '96 or 97.

3a) The hit-and-run driver will be found. (S)he'd better hope it's by the cops.

4) And, finally, happy 4/20!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best wishes to you, Brian!

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, Brian. I am sure everything will go fine. Hope you find the driver. We are all thinking of you.

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free html visitor counters
hit counter