Philly Blunt

Freelance writer. Editor and web-video producer. Former Atlantic City Press and Philadelphia Weekly staff writer, City Paper managing editor/columnist and Dougherty for Senate campaign manager. Comments welcome here or emailed to brianhickey9 [at] hotmail. Now on: Facebook (Brian Hickey, in Philly) Twitter at www.twitter.com/brianhickey Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/people/brianhickey/. Be sure to check out Hickey on Divorce Court: divorcecourting.blogspot.com.

19 March 2009

KADE!

I'm convinced more than ever today that I never really woke up from the coma. Seriously. Maybe you can help, because for the life of me, I can't explain where Arthur Kade came from (besides the Great Northeast) and how I didn't know about him till 2009. You see, greatness cannot go unnoticed forever. It rises to the top of our collective consciousness and makes us bow in its presence. We feel like lesser people when confronted with perfection. And, really, this photo is perfect.



Absolutely f'in perfect.
It accompanied this portion of the post, entitled "Baby Steps":
The day finished with me doing my first press interview with NEPhilly Magazine, an online magazine, who wants to write about my journey and my past in the Northeast. I also decided to do a live Internet show called TruthSlap.com. It is a great feeling to be able to share how I am feeling and share some of the inspiration with others; I am hoping that I can make a difference in other people’s lives to make “The Hard Choice” that I have.

I'd be remiss if I didn't include a section of Matt Beauchamp's comment about "Baby Steps," too:
Now that St. Patrick’s Day has come and gone, I’m going to have to move from limerick to nursery rhymes. This is a tribute to Mary Had a Little Lamb, obviously.

Artie had a couple chicks
who really loved his blow
and everywhere that Arthur went,
the girls were sure to go

They tried to get by Binn one night
which was against the rules
the doorman yelled and told them off
and made them look like tools

And so the owner turned them out
but still they lingered near
and waited patiently about
til Arthur did appear

“Why do the whores like Arthur so!”
the other patrons cry
“Why, Arthur’s got a pile of blow!”
the owner did reply


Arthur Kade, I now realize you're a figment of my coma-gination, but you've made me a better person anyway. You've made ALL of us better people. Please, please, please do NOT stop blogging. Even if you have to repeat your devotion to 1Oak twenty times, we'll never be able to get by without you.
(And if anybody knows whether NEPhilly Magazine actually exists, let me know with the quickness. I need to get my hands on the issue with The Passion of the Kade cover.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Christopher Wink said...

NEast mag, he meant, but it's a start up community blog for Northeast Philadelphia on NEastPhilly.com. I've contributed before. It's real, but just starting out.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Brian Hickey said...

Duly noted.

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude. I went to 7th grade with that kid. His name is Arthur Kadishes. He introduced himself to the 7th grade class as "Air Pumpkin" because he was good at basketball and had a head like a pumpkin. Possibly the biggest douche ever. People are so stupid.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Brian Hickey said...

That's so awesome, anon. Any other douchey recollections?

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free html visitor counters
hit counter