Philly Blunt

Freelance writer. Editor and web-video producer. Former Atlantic City Press and Philadelphia Weekly staff writer, City Paper managing editor/columnist and Dougherty for Senate campaign manager. Comments welcome here or emailed to brianhickey9 [at] hotmail. Now on: Facebook (Brian Hickey, in Philly) Twitter at www.twitter.com/brianhickey Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/people/brianhickey/. Be sure to check out Hickey on Divorce Court: divorcecourting.blogspot.com.

04 August 2008

Gee, that looks familiar

So, I caught a glimpse of the Philly Daily News cover on the way to work this morning.
My first thought: Awesome, somebody finally invented a time machine, cause I was up in Aug. '07 all over again.
Forgive me for being a wee bit prickish here, but if I were, say, managing editor of a paper that's seen many better days (gee, I wonder what that'd feel like), I'd make sure my writers dedicated themselves to telling new stories. Y'know, like, um, news? I say this, again apologetically prickishly, on account of the fact that this cover story about the Strawberry Mansion All-Stars little league appeared in the Aug. 23, 2007 City Paper under my byline...



... while this cover story about -- here it comes -- the Strawberry Mansion All-Stars little league ran in today's Daily News.



Now, to be fair, I think the DN squeezed an eight-inch story about the league into its pages in the days before my comprehensive piece ran. But still. Wherefore art thou, shamefulness?

As an aside, I have a stack of articles from the weekend papers to link to here (including one about double-dutch, yo), but I'm jammed up on another project. Check back manana, and I'll have them up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free html visitor counters
hit counter