Philly Blunt

Freelance writer. Editor and web-video producer. Former Atlantic City Press and Philadelphia Weekly staff writer, City Paper managing editor/columnist and Dougherty for Senate campaign manager. Comments welcome here or emailed to brianhickey9 [at] hotmail. Now on: Facebook (Brian Hickey, in Philly) Twitter at www.twitter.com/brianhickey Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/people/brianhickey/. Be sure to check out Hickey on Divorce Court: divorcecourting.blogspot.com.

24 July 2008

Shame on me

I'm proud of many of the stories I wrote in my journalist days. I'm not proud of a few of them, too. So wouldn't you know that, thanks to the latest twists and turns in the Larry Mendte / Alycia Lane saga, one of the embarrassing pieces of writin' sits atop the top 100 most-read stories at the paper I used to work at. Why, you ask, am I embarrassed? Oh, just because these words appeared under my byline...

At last month's Philadelphia Home Show, dream rooms were designed for local-television figures and were displayed at the Convention Center. Dawn got together with Bonnie Richman of Karl's Furniture and dreamt up a room fit for her son. (We'd say Dawn and Larry did the dreaming, except hadn't the latter admitted the other day that "Dawn's been doing everything.")
There was a crib, toy box and dresser with a changing table custom-painted with boys and puppies to match the light, pastel upholstery of the glider and ottoman. On the back wall there were seven hand-painted letters that spelled out Michael's name.
It was, in a word, cute.


Well, I talked to Mendte the other day. Off the record, of course, since I'm not keeping a record these days. Suffice it to say, he was worried about the future, but still had some upbeat to him. But that was before the U.S. Attorney's press conference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free html visitor counters
hit counter