Philly Blunt

Freelance writer. Editor and web-video producer. Former Atlantic City Press and Philadelphia Weekly staff writer, City Paper managing editor/columnist and Dougherty for Senate campaign manager. Comments welcome here or emailed to brianhickey9 [at] hotmail. Now on: Facebook (Brian Hickey, in Philly) Twitter at www.twitter.com/brianhickey Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/people/brianhickey/. Be sure to check out Hickey on Divorce Court: divorcecourting.blogspot.com.

08 October 2007

Free Pacman



ATLANTA (AP) -- Suspended Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones said he's done enough to be reinstated back to the NFL early....

"I think I did enough. I did pretty much everything Mr. Goodell asked me to do. So, all I can do is just wait and go back to speak with him," Jones said in an interview in Sunday's editions of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Jones said he's been using the time to restore his image. He also has two felony coercion charges pending against him in Las Vegas for a strip club fight and triple shooting on Feb. 19.

"I'm just staying to myself, taking this time out to worry about things I need to do better as a person -- whatever I got to do in the community, whatever I have to do to better my image as a person so I can get back on the field," he said Friday.

Dixie Carter, president of Total Nonstop Action wrestling, said Jones has been a "model team player." Jones signed with TNA in July and won TNA's tag team title with Ron "The Truth" Killings last month despite being barred by a restraining order from doing anything physical that would hurt his future NFL playing career...


Restoring his good name, indeed. An American hero.

Now, for football. Through last night's Bears win, I went 5-8 and 8-4-1 in Week Five. Pending the outcoming of tonight's best bet Cowgirls cover, the season-to-date picks stand at:

28-38-7 (line)
35-38-1 (spread)

63-76-8 (overall)

Not good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free html visitor counters
hit counter