Philly Blunt

Freelance writer. Editor and web-video producer. Former Atlantic City Press and Philadelphia Weekly staff writer, City Paper managing editor/columnist and Dougherty for Senate campaign manager. Comments welcome here or emailed to brianhickey9 [at] hotmail. Now on: Facebook (Brian Hickey, in Philly) Twitter at www.twitter.com/brianhickey Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/people/brianhickey/. Be sure to check out Hickey on Divorce Court: divorcecourting.blogspot.com.

31 May 2007

TV Party Last Night




So, in between periods of the Stanley Cup Finals last night (great, hard-hitting game), I happened to land on So You Think You Can Dance. I know. What can you do.
But anyway, shit was mind-blowing, well, at least the one-armed woman was; if only I could remember her name, maybe I could find a clip online. Woe is me, though, so you'll have to take my word.
At first, I thought her herky-jerky moves betrayed the fact that she'd been working a pole 20 minutes prior, but then when she was done, the judges made sure to point the nub out. So rewind the TV went, and obvious the armlessness became. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Or with the dude who they showed in the next segment who was missing a leg (both motor-vehicle accidents.)
Why am I telling you all this? I don't know. 'Cause it was entertaining. And if you can find a link, please send it my way. But in the meantime, here's a lesson in groove. But please, people, don't hurt yourselves. (Until you read this week's column.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free html visitor counters
hit counter