Philly Blunt

Freelance writer. Editor and web-video producer. Former Atlantic City Press and Philadelphia Weekly staff writer, City Paper managing editor/columnist and Dougherty for Senate campaign manager. Comments welcome here or emailed to brianhickey9 [at] hotmail. Now on: Facebook (Brian Hickey, in Philly) Twitter at www.twitter.com/brianhickey Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/people/brianhickey/. Be sure to check out Hickey on Divorce Court: divorcecourting.blogspot.com.

19 January 2007

I'm still not ready for some football


Yesterday, after my fire-Reid column came out, I traded emails with the curator of the 700level.com, a good guy who disagreed with my stance, and posted thoughts to that extent on AOL's fan site.
He makes a good point: It is hard to say who should replace Reid. And I don't have a solid answer to that, other than: "Anybody who doesn't have a penchant for choking when it's all on the line." Good debate, though.

But, now onto the important stuff. Which would have been McNabb's press conference hadn't Reid told Five that he can't talk publicly right about now. (Smart move.) Instead, it's the conference championship games which won't be all that easy to watch without the Birds. But so goes life, right? Statwise, I have nothing extraordinary to offer. Of all the matchups, the only one that I'm above .500 on the year would be NO/Chi on the spread. The rest, well, the rest are hovering just below the Mendoza line. That said, I'd be shocked if it wasn't a 4-0 weekend because, well, because that's how I'm feeling.

At Chicago -2.5 New Orleans UNDER 43.5
At Indianapolis -3 New England OVER 47.5

Yet, truth be told, I'd so happily go 0-for-4 as long as, in return, I got another classic Peyton Manning choke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free html visitor counters
hit counter