Philly Blunt

Freelance writer. Editor and web-video producer. Former Atlantic City Press and Philadelphia Weekly staff writer, City Paper managing editor/columnist and Dougherty for Senate campaign manager. Comments welcome here or emailed to brianhickey9 [at] hotmail. Now on: Facebook (Brian Hickey, in Philly) Twitter at www.twitter.com/brianhickey Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/people/brianhickey/. Be sure to check out Hickey on Divorce Court: divorcecourting.blogspot.com.

07 September 2006

Yes, I am ready for some football

Well, the season starts tonight so I gotta get that first pick out there. Truth be told, I'm torn on this one (Miami at Pittsburgh, a pick-em and over/under 34.5). Everything keeps telling me Miami and the under, and the more I think about it, Miami IS the way to go on this one. Pittsburgh's beat up, fat-and-happy and confused. I'm not going to go down the whole defending-champ-returns-to-earth path just yet (though I do expect that to ultimately happen). BUT, Miami's coming in with a lot to prove, and I figure they'll prove it and put up some points in the process while the D clamps down on the Steelers.

The Pick: Miami over Pittsburgh, 21-17. Which means, yes, I'm going to go with the over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free html visitor counters
hit counter