Philly Blunt

Freelance writer. Editor and web-video producer. Former Atlantic City Press and Philadelphia Weekly staff writer, City Paper managing editor/columnist and Dougherty for Senate campaign manager. Comments welcome here or emailed to brianhickey9 [at] hotmail. Now on: Facebook (Brian Hickey, in Philly) Twitter at www.twitter.com/brianhickey Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/people/brianhickey/. Be sure to check out Hickey on Divorce Court: divorcecourting.blogspot.com.

05 September 2006

Mad Ass Baby Mama


Fadia Ward is slowly becoming the poster woman for sticking it to deadbeat dads. You may remember Ward from the June 22 Philly Blunt as a West Philly woman trying to draw some attention to her Web site, sorryassbabydaddies.com.

Well, when I went to spend some time with her and her daughter outside Family Court, I thought she had a novel idea, one that might generate a follow-up story or two (like one in the Daily News a month later). But I had no idea that her site would bump from 1,200 hits to nearly 80,000, or that papers and TV stations from all over the place would do stories of their own. Well, says Fadia, that's exactly what's been happening this summer:

I have been on so many different media outlets it's not even funny, this web site is no longer being looked at as a joke more and more people are taking me seriously then ever before.
I have been asked to do a T.V reality show for single moms I'm putting together a huge summit for 12/2007 I have a staff now.
I was out of my mind when london and England BBC radio was calling like crazy, I have even redesigned the look of the web site so check it out when you can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free html visitor counters
hit counter