Philly Blunt

Freelance writer. Editor and web-video producer. Former Atlantic City Press and Philadelphia Weekly staff writer, City Paper managing editor/columnist and Dougherty for Senate campaign manager. Comments welcome here or emailed to brianhickey9 [at] hotmail. Now on: Facebook (Brian Hickey, in Philly) Twitter at www.twitter.com/brianhickey Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/people/brianhickey/. Be sure to check out Hickey on Divorce Court: divorcecourting.blogspot.com.

29 June 2006

Why is a fat, fatty, fat boy in today's Inquirer?


When you get married and buy a house, money starts to dry up. Especially if you're a writer. This explains why I don't waste 50 cents on the Inquirer when I can read it online (Daily News, another story). Apparently though, some things can be lost in translation from paper to Web site, because I just can not figure out what the hell this is all about:

Posted on Thu, Jun. 29, 2006

'I've been called fat so much... I just brush it off'
Dontae Hardin, who at 14 is 5 feet, 4 inches, and 180 pounds, talked to his classmates about being overweight.
"Fat. Fatty. Fat boy... . I've been called fat so much that it doesn't even bother me anymore. I just brush it off and keep climbing the stairs that we call life. I don't care what people think about me, because I have pride in who I am.
And no one can take that away from me."
"Get 'em, Dontae!" classmate Naibria Reid yells, as students applaud.


Um, good for Dontae and all, but somebody, ANYbody tell me what the hell this means? (And I wonder if anybody in Brazil's still calling Ronaldo a fat, fatty, fat boy. Photo from si.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free html visitor counters
hit counter